Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

connect gimbal to kk2

mumbimumbi Cologne, GERClub Members Posts: 24
Hi there,

i bought this gimbal: Walkera G-2D

and i dont know how to connect this to my kk2 mini. I got 3 wires i need to connect: Roll, Pitch and Aux.

Do i need to connect them like ESC at the right ports? And if i am doing that how can i change settings of the gimbal through my turnigy 9x receiver?

I read something that some cables should be connected to port 7 and 8 on the kk2 - but i use a tricopter motor layout and on channel 7 is my yaw servo. How can i solve this?

Thank youmumbi2016-05-22 09:15:58

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭
    You dont connect it to the KK at all. The IMU's in the gimal take care of keeping the camera level - all the three wires are for is for you to manually adjust where the camera points.

You connect the 3 wires to spare channels in your receiver. Then you need to configure those channels to the pots on your 9X.

Im practice, you only need to be concerned with yaw and pitch control - it is very rare the gimbal will need to be 'rolled' manually if you think about it ...
  • mumbimumbi Cologne, GERClub Members Posts: 24
    but what channel on the receiver i can use if channel 7 is already in use?
  • jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    Use channel 6!
    i used channel 5,6,7 but the motors move to the end all the time. I tried to controlled the axis over the nobs of my fx (what i defined) but i cant get it work
    READ the MANUAL

Have you actually balanced and setup the gimbal so it works? As in it keeps the camera level if you tilt the tricopter about?

If not, you really ought to ...

WTWUK2016-05-22 21:06:24
    yes i read the manual. And it calibrates it self in the starting process, but it is not working like it should. If i move the gimbal, it tries to move the camera, but its just swing its motors. What have i done wrong?
    Can you provide a video of what it is doing? Upload to YouTube and just post the link here.
    For a quadrocopter you only need cannels 1-4 to control the copter and channel 5 for Aux to set the flight modes on the KK2.15.

So at least channels 6 to 8 should be available for the gimbal!

The only thing you have to connect now is Ch6 of your RX to the Pitch input of your gimbal controller (and optional Ch7 of your RX to the Roll input of your gimbal controller).

Nothing else is needed.

If everything works, you can now control Pitch (and Roll) of your camera e.g. by a 6 Position Switch of your TX assigned to Ch6 (or Ch7).

Btw the movement of your camera can be a result of your gimbal controller. Start with 1500 pulses on the control channel of your RX, increase to 1600 or 1700 pulses.

Your camera will move now.

When it is in the desired !! position switch the control at your TX back to 1500 pulses (neutral position) If camera movement stops now you found what is going on and how to control your camera....

jstremmler2016-05-23 19:38:23
    I think he is getting confused by the KK system for controlling a servo-operated pan/tilt mount. That would normally use pins 7 & 8 on the KK. A brushless gimbal does not require any connection to the KK to control manual pan/tilt of it, and the gimbal controller board will need to be connected to relevant channels on the receiver to do that.

I too have no idea why he has the servo for rudder on the KK pin M7 - it should be on pin M4. WTWUK2016-05-23 23:56:49
    yes you are right... i was getting confused with my kk2 :D

I got it now running but the pitch movement through my nobs are just possible on channel 7 - dont understand why... but i tried everything.

The gimbal now works most of the time. After it initialized it sometimes wobbles around but if i click and do some changes i dont understand ;) it works very often.

What i dont understand is, why i cant change the roll of the gimbal through my fx - now connected to channel 6. Do you guys have some ideas what might be the problem?

Thank you
  • swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    assuming that you have the camera mounted in the gimbal BEFORE you power it up?
    What is a fx?

I apologize for trying to help in German language...(and about the "z" in apologise for AE):

Ich hoffe Du hast Deine Kamera montiert, bevor Du die Batterie an den Multicopter und die Gimbalsteuerung anschließt. Wenn die Kamera dann nach Initialisierung der Gimbalsteuerung immer noch vibriert, musst Du die PID Werte der Gimbalsteuerung anpassen und nicht die im KK2.15 Flugregler...

Viel Spass!jstremmler2016-05-24 12:11:48

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file