Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumper 218 pro setup

HighwayHighway Club Members Posts: 8
Hi Guys,

Yesterday my new jumper 218 pro arrived, just had to wait 1 day ! :)

Ive connected a Quanum IA8 (it came with the Quanum i8 transmitter i ordered for this quad) i connected it with ppm (after trying pwm).

Ive updated the fc to cleanflight 1.12.0

My problem is the osd its working but only the timer is running.

I cant get it to display arm/disarm, mode, battery voltage.

There is no control over the osd.

I never used a osd before so thats all new to me.

Ive been googling all day but cannot find anything about configuring this osd thats helpfull or not more then 2 years old.

The fc is an westerlund32 naze32+osd with 6 dip switches.

(It seams that "older" 218 pro's have a controller with just 1 switch on it.)

The 2 page manual that came with the quad does only explain some about setting up (older version, it came with 1.8.1)cleanflight basics.

I cannot find any other manual that is for this version of the quad.

Maybe the controller isnt that different but im not sure about that.

Best information in the manual is this picture

Would appreciate some input, pointers to a manual or information.

Pls dont tell me to use google i already did.

Ofcourse i already tried somethings but im probably on the wrong track.

Highway2016-03-27 00:45:39

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭
    What OSD client are you using to setup the OSD display elements?
  • HighwayHighway Club Members Posts: 8
    Well i think i gave up just a bit to soon ;) its working now.

I explain for every one who has the same problem.

Went back to the item page on hobbyking there was a remark about setting up the osd that gave me to correct information.

I did already try this but probably with the wrong version.

Using windows 10 64 bits.

Go to https://code.google.com/archive/p/rush-osd-development/downloads

and get the KV_Team_2.2.zip file.

Unpack the windows map from inside the zip file to your working map. (lets say d:
    cosd)

Start the exe file and the osd gui starts (if not you do need java install on your computer)

Ok when thats working close the program.

Now set the dip switches on the quad to 12,56 off and 34 to on.

connect the quad to the computer (and i did connect a battery as well).

start the kv team 2.2 osd gui.

and connect, you should have a comport now.

If not the you need another driver installed, after trying 2.3 i did some other things and one is installing the stm32 driver from the startup screen on cleanflight.

Now set all info you want to display to MWii it wil get the info from the flightcontroller now.

(it was set to adc and ofcourse that wont work)

Now dont forget to write this to the osd by pressing the write button.

Disconnect every thing and set the dip switches to 3456 off en 12 on.

Power the quad and for me its working now.

In cleanflight set a sw osd switch on your remote.

thr center/yaw right and pitch full foward with sw osd on wil get me the osd menu.

Only thing i havent figured out yet is how to get rssi not to display (its not connected so i dont need it.)

Highway2016-03-27 08:28:46
    WTWUK Thanks for the reply.

On boot its now displaying kv-team 2.2 mw version 231

Before it was mw version 0

I quess i could update to 2.3 if its needed.?

But i dont know how.Highway2016-03-27 00:41:09
    If it is working I would not bother. Fly it and enjoy! image
    Thats what im gone do :) thx
  • SMAC belgiumSMAC belgium Club Members Posts: 2
    Hi guys! I just bought a jumper ,and i downloaded KV - TEAM - 2.2 on windows 8. But when i run the EXE it does nothing? Any toughts on that? And do you guys have any other helpfull hints for when i start building?SMAC belgium2016-03-29 05:40:42
    Try running it 'As Administrator'.

Then if it still does not show after a minute or so (on my Windows 10 64bit box it takes that long to show up!)check in Program Manager if it actually is running.
    As i said in my posting you need java installed.

Depending on the version you use 32 or 64 bit

I installed the 32bit on 64bit windows 10 as the kv file is a 32bit application

But could also be run as administrator ;)Highway2016-03-30 03:52:07
    If it still fails, try Scarab OSD. Even try it anyways! It is nice.

HERE
  • SMAC belgiumSMAC belgium Club Members Posts: 2
    Its working fine with VER 340. Do you guys mind sharing you PID settings? Becouse mine is doing the shakey thing and i woud like to see what your settings are.

Thanks in advance!!
  • PeposanPeposan Club Members Posts: 2

To Highway:

Well i think i gave up just a bit to soon ;) its working now. I explain for every one who has the same problem. Went back to the item page on hobbyking there was a remark about setting up the osd that gave me to correct information. I did already try this but probably with the wrong version. Using windows 10 64 bits. Go to https://code.google.com/archive/p/rush-osd-development/downloads and get the KV_Team_2.2.zip file. Unpack the windows map from inside the zip file to your working map. (lets say d:
    cosd) Start the exe file and the osd gui starts (if not you do need java install on your computer) Ok when thats working close the program. Now set the dip switches on the quad to 12,56 off and 34 to on. connect the quad to the computer (and i did connect a battery as well). start the kv team 2.2 osd gui. and connect, you should have a comport now. If not the you need another driver installed, after trying 2.3 i did some other things and one is installing the stm32 driver from the startup screen on cleanflight. Now set all info you want to display to MWii it wil get the info from the flightcontroller now. (it was set to adc and ofcourse that wont work) Now dont forget to write this to the osd by pressing the write button. Disconnect every thing and set the dip switches to 3456 off en 12 on.

Till this step I had a success, but please explain me this final wizzard process. I tried almost everything but simply doesn`t work. The installation process of the KV team was done, but in my goggless (Quanum V2) the OSD is still disarmed.

Power the quad and for me its working now. In cleanflight set a sw osd switch on your remote. thr center/yaw right and pitch full foward with sw osd on wil get me the osd menu.

Thank you for responsePeposan2016-04-11 22:10:40
  • PeposanPeposan Club Members Posts: 2
    I have a partial success. I`ve set up the dip switches to 3456 off en 12 on and OSD start working, before I set the dip switches back to 56 on the rest off

The maneuver is working now with the joystick,

thr center/yaw right and pitch full foward with sw osd on wil get me the osd menu.

But now the motors I`m not able to disarm ( it happens only ones that I was able to start the motors) motors with the low throttle and yaw fully right.

The receiver diods of the R615rx orange ppm, one is solid and the second one blinking, but Im not able to start engines.
  • Benni5789Benni5789 Club Members Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip with the DIP switches. My OSD was also not working. After correcting the DIp switches 12 ON and 3456 OFF, my OSD is working now !

Seems to be that someone has not setting this back when building the quad ;-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file