Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heli using kk2 board

I have a Double Horse DH 9104 type helicopter but the transmitter is not there. I have a kk2 board and I wonder if I can fly this heli using this board. Will Singlecopter 2M2S mode work for this?. Can some one help me to figure this out. It is actually a heli with one main rotor and a one tail rotor(same as a typical heli).

imagethush2016-02-22 16:15:01

Comments

• RemanReman Club Members Posts: 9
    I've been trying to find similar info myself for a couple of days.

I want to use a NAZE32 to stabilize my 450 T-Rex. Cleanflight at least has a couple of helicopter configs that show up when I plug my Naze32 in, So I may possibly be in luck. I can't find any info on what to plug into where, So I was going to try plugging the 5 required channels into spare servos and seeing what does what (And if it can be made to work out how to run a CPPM swash).

On paper it should be possible. All the FC need is to be configured to know what to do with each channel (Be it connected to an ESC or a servo) to counteract any unwanted angular changes. That's what the hardware was designed to do, But I think until someone who's a lot better at programming these than I could ever be decides to have a go at it, It could be a bit of a hard slog working it all out ourselves.

There seems to be lots of people putting the "Pixhawk" type autopilot systems in helicopters, But they tend to be building larger helicopter camera platforms and almost seem to want to be able to leave the actual flying to the computer while they steer the gimble. I think that would be overkill for hobby class heli's.

I've never owned a kk2 board, So I can't offer any more advice. I've seen similar (Unanswered) questions on various forums, But we can't take an absence of answers as proof that it can't be done. All I can suggest is to have a good Google and see if anyones made it work yet.

If I find out anything that could be useful I'll post it on here (And hopefully you'll do likewise. :) ).
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭
    Not a prayer of using a KK board in a Collective pitch helicopter.

But, it 'should' be possible with a NAZE32. I say 'possible' as I have done it back along with a CC3D running Open Pilot. And that is nowhere near as advanced as CleanFlight/Baseflight is now.

Was it worth it? Not really. Not for the amount of time it took to configure it, for a gain of self-level etc.

And in all honesty, it took away all of the fun flying collective pitch helis.

As for you saying:

"On paper it should be possible. All the FC need is to be configured to know what to do with each channel (Be it connected to an ESC or a servo) to counteract any unwanted angular changes. That's what the hardware was designed to do, But I think until someone who's a lot better at programming these than I could ever be decides to have a go at it, It could be a bit of a hard slog working it all out ourselves."

That, my friend, is exactly HOW I had to do it ... Try it. Give it a go. You may find it not as much of a 'hard slog' as you think it is. WTWUK2016-03-28 06:57:44

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file