Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Durafly Trojan still in production ?

symowallosymowallo Sydney, AustClub Members Posts: 85
My beloved Trojan is now looking too battle scarred and needs replacement, so I was going to buy another. But the site won't even let me backorder it.

What's happening, HK?

Comments

• unleadedunleaded newcastle nswClub Members Posts: 452 ✭✭
    maybe no longer available I know the SE5A is now deleated so trojan may have suffered the same fate
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    They probably cannot guarantee delivery within a decent time scale. If it is never coming back they would probably label the page as "discontinued item" like they did with some of the glow/balsa models that were recently dropped.
  • symowallosymowallo Sydney, AustClub Members Posts: 85
    Managed to get hold of online support and they stated that it's still being produced, but there's just no stock at the moment... So I was able to order one, not sure why it didn't let me earlier, but it did this time around. Good news!!!

I suspect they're looking for a factory to build it or something like that...
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    More likely they're finishing production runs of whatever is due before that model before changing molds and setting everything up for that particular model. Once you get everything set up you make as many as possible before wasting quite a lot of production time on the time consuming change over process.
  • symowallosymowallo Sydney, AustClub Members Posts: 85
    Yep, true.
  • FlyDonFlyDon Club Members Posts: 25
    Has the front retract been upgraded since the last version?

I would buy another but not if the front retracts have not been upgraded, they are just too weak. A lot of other three wheel rc planes have had the front wheels upgraded, most are now has shocks.

What is the word with this version?

Same problem with the F4U Corsair, another great plane if not for the front landing gear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file