Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

flat wing profile plane

hogdogerhogdoger Club Members Posts: 13
Recently built this plane from scratch 32" extra style wing 36" in length with sbach style tail .2 ply foam board and 3ply in front area all joined with gorilla glue painted finished out. The profile is such that the old timers at club cant tell top from bottom when in the air. I know its a tad heavy but fly out side and its all ways windy. I use 8x4 master airscrew prop on ntm prop drive 1800kv/900watt motor castle Phoenix 75 amp. With turnigy nano tech 4s 1800mah 130 discharge packs or with thor 2200mah 3s 65c pack's. Get 5 min or better on both packs. On the 3s setup requires half throttle to go vertical or maintain hover. On 4s u just touch throttle and plane explodes out your hand . Too touchy, I tried 10 x6 prop and it wants to float away with very little throttle but noses up and starts tork rolling too much pitching side to side forcing u to land or crash. Put the 8x4 back on and flys straight and true. And robotic in comands. Trying to figure out a prop that will let it float and hang in the air and less likely to lunge forward so hard when pullin out tight maneuvers. Keep in mind out door plane. Windy condition. Out of 30 planes at club on a sunday its the fastest thing out there, but I never go over half throttle not even in vertical climb(on 4s). What prop should I use to get more hang time with out torquing to much

Comments

• RCBrian420RCBrian420 Club Members Posts: 11
    TRY A FEW DIFFERENT PITCH 9.4-9.6 PROPS WITH SCRATCH BUILTS IT CAN BE HARD TO DIAL IN THE PROP . I BUILD ALOT OF DOLLAR TREE FOAMIES AND MY 36" YAK LIKES A 9X4.7 SO TRY THAT OUT AND SEE HOW IT FEELS! LESS PITCH =S LESS LIFT BUT ALSO LESS TOURQUE ROLL SO THERE IS A LITTLE GIVE AND TAKE !

LET US KNOW! WINKDOGG
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭
    Chances are this was rectified long ago - the thread is 7 months plus old ...

And please cut the CAPS out - it is deemed to be shouting on forums and may well deter many from even bothering to read the useful info you have put. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file