Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eagle 3d

webfootwebfoot Club Members Posts: 2
I built the hobbyking eagle 3D (u can do) and put on floats. The float step is 1/4 in forward of recommended cg. Recommended balance is 3 3/4in back from leading edge of wing. To get plane to balance properly I need to add 11oz to front of floats. The other brand u can do 46 originally was also 3 3/4in back but was changed to 5 1/2 to 6in back. If I don't put the added weight to floats it balances within those specs. Any comments or suggestions as I really don't want to have the added weight.

Comments

• hogdogerhogdoger Club Members Posts: 13
    When in doubt put the weight. I would hate to see it jump off the water nose up out of control! Feel it out and remove weight to desired handling. I personally would want to try on flat calm day just in case the nose weight makes it stay on water for long time. And you will no after u trim it out if u have too much up elevator dialed in, nose heavy
  • RCBrian420RCBrian420 Club Members Posts: 11
    If you have room in the battery box slide the battery forward , or you could actually put a little weight into the front of the floats! You can slice the floats open and insert bb's or "split shot" fishing weights then seal. I would do some testing by just using scotch tape with the weights to the front tips of the floats once its dialed in then you can figure a more permanent way to secure the weight internally or externally ! Nose heavy is always better than tail heavy as im sure you know so don't risk it , try to balance her! You can also try moving the receiver and any excess wire forward in the fuselage along with the battery even if you need to modify the battery area a bit! Let us know how its going!

WINKDOGG
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    That's another one from way back in the middle of last year. Usually if they're that old, answers are no longer relevant
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    Brian, look at the date the of the last post before you waste your time.

BTW. I noticed your very first posts were about earning credits. You're completely wasting your time here if that's your purpose, nobody gets a cent for comments or help here. If you just want to help for the benefit of the hobby your more than welcome though of course.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file