Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 RX

WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,373 ✭✭✭
Post all your questions here about the OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 Compatible 6CH 2.4Ghz Receiver, OrangeRX RX3SM 4 Channel Micro Receiver with stabiliser and the OrangeRX V1, V2 and V2.1 standalone stabilisers.

Comments

• NewToHobbyKingNewToHobbyKing BrisbaneClub Members Posts: 792 ✭✭
    WTWUK thanks. So I am looking at my Receiver and Channel One is marked THR (Throttle). Up to now channel 3 has always been THR? image
  • swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    what colour is it?
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,373 ✭✭✭
    The channel asignment of OrangeRX DSM2/X units follows the Spektrum/JR stsndard of TAER - so that is correct and Chan1 is Throttle.

Futaba uses AETR so channel 3 is Throttle on their receivers. Also on Turnigy 9X.

Now, if you have an Orange RX DSM2/X TX module fitted into a Futaba or Turnigy 9X ... You have a problem.
    Mine are black swervyn ... Nice satin black. Lol!!!
    WTWUK you have a BLACK >>> OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 RX. Are you sure???
    Yup. Absolutely sure. All of my OrangeRX stuff is black. I detest that manky see-thru orange colour. So I give them an airbrush coat or two of low bake satin black paint and oven dry it. They then look expensive! Hah hah!
    WTWUK you are a stirrer! So what if you want to fit a Orange Module to a Turnigy 9XR will throttle be Channel 1 or Channel 3.
    I have read (and never replied too), many question of other members fitting an DSM X Orange Module to their Turnigy9X and then find that their Mode 1 seems to become a mode 2. Their words not mine. It is now no longer as black and white as it use to be. So WTWUK why ""Now, if you have an Orange DSM 2 TX module fitted into a Futaba or Turnigy 9X ... You have a problem."" and how do you fix it????? (Turn the Transmitter upside down HA HA). image
  • swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    I dont like that see through cheap looking orange either, that's why I asked! I do have an orange rx which I neither need nor use but it was on special so I bought it anyway lol image
    No as it does not change mode - only the channel allocation. To fix it, you need to get this:

OrangeRX USB Firmware Update Kit for JR/Futaba Style Transmitter Module

WTWUK but if channel 1 became became Throttle instead of channel 3 and channel 3 became Ailerons instead of channel 1 would it not seem as if the MODE had changed???? Well even more so, if you still though channel 1 was Ailerons and channel 3 was throttle. Think about it. You would be moving what you though was throttle and your ailerons would move. I can now see how that "Members" thought, the module was doing strange things to the Modes. Thanks WTWUK.

So for my question, is the 9XR ok with the ORANGE DSM X Module. Will it work fine or do I need to flash it? image
    If you do what you say, you watch what the stabiliser does to your model. Try it. Many very experienced fliers have tried and failed. Changing transmitter stick modes will not correct it either.

The very reason that OrangeRX produced the USB tool was to correct the problem the channel asignments are incorrect.

However, with the 9X-R it is not an issue as the firmware permits mapping of any channel to any stick.

WTWUK thanks. As I said it was not me. It was a post form a other MEMBER. I went and found the post, I read. It was in the Product Discussion in the Australia Warehouse..

By:   aussiepaul 115 points - 8/22/2013 PRODUCT ID: 9171000070

Ok not sure about this, im an aussie, and have a Mode 1 Turnigy 9x V2 transmitter, the module plugged in ok, and binded to my R610 ORANGE receiver, and then the problems started, the controls were all over the place, the rudder controled the elevators, the ailerons controled the throttle and the throttle controled the ailerons, this was on a Hk F4 Corsair 800mm park flyer, it did not make any differance what i did over the next few hours i could not get it to work in what i call mode 1, still all over the place, then for some strange reason i selected a new model and changed the sticks to mode 2, hey presto all of a sudden the controls were in the right place and actually working the correct controls. oh but i still had to swap the throttle and aileron servos over on the actual receiver, go figure that, no more throttle on when i move the ailerons. Has any one else had this problem , wasnt sure if the modules are Mode sensitive,, have i received a Mode 2 module. if any has experienced the same problem and knows the solution please leave me an answer
    Next Question: WTWUK what are the Two Ail out puts for. On my Turnigy9XV2 I use channel 1 and a Y harness or Channel 1 and Mix channel 6 with channel 1. On this receiver, Ail is channel 3 and then there is another Ail also??? image
    Effectively the two Ail outs are an internal Y harness. Both move the servos in the same direction.

And that fella that thought he had figured out his channel problem didn't. The channels are still TAER in whatever mode you fly in. I fly Mode 2 - throttle on left gimbal up and down. Mode 1 is throttle on right gimbal - up and down.

Neither would output to Ch1 on the RX, but any servo in chan 3 on the stabiliser would be controlled by it's gyro as it is hardwired.

The only channel on that stabiliser not gyro controlled is Chan1. So when he put his throttle servo into Chan3, every time the model pitches, his throttle is moved by the gyro. Likewise, put the aileron servo into Chan1, roll the model and there will be no gyro correction.

All he did was get the controls 'working' to correspond with TX inputs. But the servos and ESC are not under the correct gyro controls.
    WTWUK till today I had never heard the term "TAER" or "AETR". Thanks. I have been schooled! image
  • kev.keenekev.keene NorthernOntarioClub Members Posts: 705
    All my orangerx stuff is black too, but not shiny satin, I just remove the cases completely and heatshrink them...   image
    couple of mine are naked. And some Lemon ones too ...

I painted the orange ones with a very nice low-sheen satin paint. Almost like soft touch black that is on some TV remotes etc. so they are not 'shiny' as that would be even worse than manky orange see thru muck! lol!!!
    So no one helped me with my plane. I posted the post in the correct place but I did not even get a reply. WHY. Ha it could be painted BLACK too (no not really it is red and white).
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    Be patient - NTHK will be along to answer your question as soon as he gets the correct answer to your question from a forum member who answers NTHK's question regarding your question.

At least I think that is the way it works.
    Does anyone know about Lauyu Modles?
    Yes. But this thread is about the OrangeRX flight stabiliser RX combos. Please do not fill it with rubbish about other unrelated products. image
    You should pretend he is invisible until he responds to the Vampire thread. image
    Heh heh!

I saw your post about the ones in NZ - and never knew they were used for ACT. Amazing such an oldie is still providing sterling service.

I also hear another two are being restored and somewhere I read there are another 18 or so kicking about in various conditions. More than we have over here! Lol!

If I had the money, it is one of the few jets I would like to own. Cracking little aeroplane.
    Ever since NZ disbanded the Airforce fighter capability there are now a lot of jets in private hands. We also have a massive collection of North American Harvards - around 15 or so usually turn up at WarBirds over Wanaka airshow every two years.
    You what? RNZAF have no fighter jets? Really? Gobsmacked!
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    But, but - kiwis can't FLY image

Anyway - if you think that's bad - the Irish Air Farce (Aerchór na hÉireann) has the folowing

6 AW 139s (Utility)

2 CASA CN-235s Maritime patrol)

5 Cessna 172s (Surveillance and monitoring)

2 EC-135 Training and utility)

1 Gulfstream IV (VIP transport)

1 Learjet 45 (VIP transport & ambulance)

7 Pilatus PC-9M (patrol and recce)

1 Britten Norman Defender (4000 GASU reconnaissance and patrol)

2 EC135T2 (GASU)

There's also an Avro Anson, an Alouette III and a Fouga Magister, De Havilland Vampire and a Miles Magister on display in the National Museum
    We have an Avro Anson that actually flies.
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Well the national airline (Aer Lingus) does have a DH 89 Rapide still flying image
    A few miles from where I am now there is a lovely little 'museum-let' on a prime location, with a very nice collection ...

Classic Air Force - RAF Butlins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file