Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DIY Stickers Easily

PisaneliPisaneli SloveniaClub Members Posts: 259
How to make home made stickers with ink jet printer. You need water based ink jet water transfer paper (ebay). Choose your motive and print it. First do a trial on normal paper. Let it dry and use transparent varnish sprey. Make 2-3 light coats and let it dry again.

Cut it out and put the stickers in the warm water for 15 sec..

The same procedure as with plastic model stickers.

After we put it on the desired surface we carefuly wipe it with dry soft cloth.

The results are very satisfiying as you can see. This is perfect for home printing. The only limit is your imagination.

Regards,

GorazdPisaneli2013-09-29 05:48:39

Comments

• swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    great info! thanks
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭
    Good info there. Another alternative to this is to get Bel Inc paper - it already has a very thin clear (or white) 'carrier' film on it. It is available in Inkjet and Laser types. Very high quality papers.

My chosen method of decal production is to use an Alps (or Oki - same things) printer. This has the really useful option of being able to print white - yes - white. Also they can print metallics. The 'ink' for them comes in cassettes and is 'dry' and is transferred onto papers by heat and pressure. Unfortunately they are getting hard to find now though, and expensive. Occasionally they pop up on fleabay and are worth getting. I have two - one in use and the other still in it's box.
  • PisaneliPisaneli SloveniaClub Members Posts: 259
    Hi guys

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the link where I ordered the paper - Ebay. In USA it can be found in stores like Home depot.Pisaneli2013-09-29 17:43:32
    Try this one - it already has the clear film on it. No need for the overspray of varnish.

Laser Clear Decal Paper

There are also inkjet versions and white papers as well.

• DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Also Epson inkjet ink is waterproof (or so they claim). No white or metallic unfortunately
    With the 'pre-carrier filmed inkjet sheets that don't need the varnish overcoat (the paper the OP uses is only paper with adhesive on it and the varnish overcoat makes the carrier film) it makes no odds if the ink is waterproof or not - the film 'encapsulates' it. Just as well really, as they get a good soaking to use them lol!

I remember years back making my own - a gummed address label with the shape hand drawn, a lick of clear varnish (or fuel proofer) and paint them on by hand (alright so for roundels I used a draughtsman's ink compass) image
    Yeah! My Father showed me the same process. Using that brown gummed parcel tape from memory. Same principle as the 'paper and gum' only inkjet papers. Works quite well overall.
    The late Ron Moulton covered it in his 'Flying Scale Models' (and you ain't getting a loan of my copy image)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file