Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Axn Floater Jet

hahahahahaha Club Members Posts: 5
Hello all from Turkey,

I have axn floater jet for 6 months. And i flight the plane with stock parts.

But i was bored and bought some different parts like 3s 3000mah battery 525 watt motor vs.. All parts are working without problem. Also i covered all plane with plaster for make more stronge. But there is a problem, if i setup my plane same center of gravity, plane is always crashing from head.

Can you suggest me anything please?

CG=5.1 cm from begining of wing

thank a lot..

Comments

• __Evan__Evan Club Members Posts: 1,122
    5.1cm ahead of the front of the wing, or 5.1cm behind the front of the wing?

What does the plane weigh now?

The AXN does suffer from having the propeller not in line with the centre of gravity (the steeply angled propeller on the Bixler is to alleviate this problem). When you apply thrust, this pushes the nose down. With a 525W motor, I wouldn't be surprised if the downward thrust is much bigger than the elevator can correct for.
  • hahahahahaha Club Members Posts: 5
    5.1 cm ahead of the wing that shows at plane's manual.

plane weight is 1251 gr.

i covered all plane with tape (it increase 250 gr nearly).

So what i have to do to fix this problem out of CG motor problem_.

i saw videos on youtube, they have more powered motors on axn floater and it can fly very good.

thanks

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭
    You are bang on there Evan. With the extra (lot!!) of weight with the covering and added battery and motor thrust, it is not going to fly well at all.

Even a standard one needs a good deal of elevator/throttle mix to overcome the nose down. From memory I had 10% for launching at 45-50% throttle which worked well. That is with a 2200mAh pack though.
  • Clark06000Clark06000 Antibes, FranceClub Members Posts: 851 ✭✭
    On most models with standard rectangular wing, the CG can be first set up at 1/3 of the wing chord, from the leading edge... In adding covering, the tail probably became heavier: you were modifiying the cg and nose is now up when balancing model at the 5.1cms cg!

Try that 1/3 calculation in moving the battery forward some centimeters (or stick a lead weight close to front). Then tune position upon flight result. For this, use hand throw and see how the model reacts: nose up or nose down. Then move the battery accordingly till the model gently fly, nose a little down, if OK, try with motor power. Note the new cg position!
    It is nose heavy already - he has shoved a 3000mAh pack in it. Moving it forwards will make it worse.
  • Clark06000Clark06000 Antibes, FranceClub Members Posts: 851 ✭✭
    Hummm, no good! And he added a big battery to complicate the flying parameters! Sorry WTWUK, I didn't pay attention to this... So I showed the way on how to define the CG and get a pleasant flight.

Model is far too heavy now: 1250+250grs for a 1.2 m model! This will be a dangerous projectile, not a plane... Maybe for champion pilots. Such planes must have about 30grs/dm2 wing loading for performing well and long. So, around 800grs is OK for an AXN.

hahaha, better coming back to original config!... and don't dupplicate the posts, please!clark060002013-08-27 23:24:35
  • SilbernerSurferSilbernerSurfer Club Members Posts: 60
    Hello,

just an other question.

How can i hold the wings in place?

Did they not get loose at flight without glueing?

Uwe
    They are meant to be glued into place, but some have found ways to keep the wings in place with rare earth magnets.

I glued mine into place permanently.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file