Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HobbyKing, bring back the Me-163 Komet

tab76123tab76123 Club Members Posts: 13
There is a lot of discussion in other on line forums about the discontinuation of the 900mm Me-163 Komet. This is one of the best things HK has ever produced and MANY are unhappy that it has left the HK inventory.

PLEASE consider bringing back this model, at least as a painted airframe only kit, or as an unpainted kit. I woudl but another oe right away and so would MANY other modelers.

The foam tooling is available, unless somethign odd happened to it. An unpainted kit would be cheap and easy to get on the market.

Fellow Me-163 lovers, please chime in and be heard!

Comments

• LaserBeamLaserBeam Planet EarthClub Members Posts: 10

HobbyKing please RESTOCK the Me163 Komet.

Many of your customers around the world would like to buy the Me163 Komet.

I have bought 2 Komet's from you and would like to buy more.

After reading your forums and reviews it is clear that many of your customers were UNABLE to BUY this Me163 Komet.

Im certain we would all like to see this item RESTOCKED in the HOBBY KING STORES.

The Hobby King 900mm Me163 Komet SOLD OUT very fast and customers expect to see a product RESTOCKED.

Hobby King customers who have already BOUGHT a Me163Komet, expect to be able to buy some SPARE WINGS and/or SPARE FUSELAGES.

If HobbyKing can not supply these customers with fuselages, then HobbyKing should at least stock the 900mm Me163 Komet, so that customers can buy another Komet.

I believe HobbyKing DID NOT SELL this Me163 for LONG ENOUGH in ANY HobbyKing warehouse.

Please, please RESTOCK the Me 163 Komet Ultra High Performance Scale Model 900mm (PNF). ProductID:189000036.

Many thanks Hobby King :)
    ...This Me-163 Komet is one of the BEST things Hobby King has ever produced and

MANY are unhappy that it has left the Hobby King inventory.

PLEASE consider bringing back this model,

at least as a painted airframe only kit, or as an unpainted kit.

I would but another one right away and so would MANY others.

+1.

Hobby King please restock Me 163 Komet - Ultra High Performance Scale Model 900mm (PNF).

Product ID: 189000036

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=27850
  • SMPRCSMPRC Club Members Posts: 2
    Dear Hobby King,

It's clear you are in the process of removing all traces of the 900mm Me163 Komet model from your web site and to no longer make it available. Why?

Where did it go?

I purchased mine right after Scott uploaded the product introduction video in 2012 and that wasn't too long ago.

If it was considered a failure based on problems with the supplied electronics (motor, ESC and/or servos), how difficult would it be to simply not include the more troublesome parts and sell a 'bare-bones' airframe kit?

I understand the idea of your Komet model was to replicate the full-scale aircraft's rocket-like speed but many of us that purchased the model have fully enjoyed its flying characteristics at a far slower pace by substituting a 150-250 Watt power system in place of the 1KW system as you provided. The lower power does little to lessen the enjoyment of flying such a unique aircraft and by using lighter-weight components lets the Komet land at a less damaging speed, launch safer, survive mistakes better and yet still fly plenty fast enough. Its unusual shape alone give the pilot a great thrill watching it zip through the sky.

Hobby King: Please bring the Komet back! I only ever had the opportunity to purchase one (and love it!) but when it's gone, well, it's GONE image
    Dear Hobby King,...900mm Me163 Komet...no longer...available. Why? Where did it go?

I purchased mine right after Scott uploaded the product introduction video in 2012 and that wasn't long ago.

Hobby King: Please bring the Komet back!

+1

Please continue to sell the Me 163 Komet - Ultra High Performance Scale Model 900mm (PNF). ProductID:189000036

More Me163 Komets wanted worldwide.

Please RESTOCK this item
  • metalguymetalguy Club Members Posts: 9
    Yes! Please bring this one back!! The Me-163 Komet is one of the best aircraft I own!!! And I have two! I would like to add that a "kit" version would certainly sell much better! I have my own servos, and powertrain in mine anyway. But I would buy at least one more in stock trim anyway. Please bring it back.
  • Sharp333Sharp333 Club Members Posts: 1
    I hope HK is just giving a pause to revise the plane. But must come back, revised or not, lots of fans here
  • Junkers JumoJunkers Jumo Club Members Posts: 1
    As soon as I heard the Komet had disappeared everywhere except the Aus warehouse I ordered two. My first one bit the dust when the stock ESC failed, #2 is going strong and I now have #3 & #4 in reserve.

This airframe is fantastic! Why has it been discontinued?

Ingo
  • vrooomr6vrooomr6 Club Members Posts: 2
    bump, and +1! I want one of these bad!
  • slaaneshslaanesh Club Members Posts: 9
    Yes, if you've made those expensive molds at least use them to make another round of kits... I think that's what people really want. That way we can either put in what we want!
  • zSimonzSimon Club Members Posts: 19
    I was going to buy this! It's gone? :(

Same as Freewing Kinetic........
  • vrooomr6vrooomr6 Club Members Posts: 2
    BUMP!
  • SMPRCSMPRC Club Members Posts: 2
    Heads up, there is hope image
  • slaaneshslaanesh Club Members Posts: 9
    I've heard that Hk are releasing a 2nd version? Perhaps without the need for so much reflex. :)
  • gutobissacogutobissaco Club Members Posts: 1
    Eu também quero muito um, por favor HK venda pelo menos o kit sem eletronica, eu e muitos do Brasil estamos a espera do ME-163. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file