Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Durafly should be worked on next?

Comments

• ungerikungerik Club Members Posts: 6
    Messerschmitt Bf 108 with flaps and retracts

imageungerik2012-08-27 23:03:17
    Horten IX / Ho 229:

Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister

• __BB-Q__BB-Q Club Members Posts: 992
    Horten IX / Ho 229:

Lovely idea, but implementing it in a model and making it flyable is a different matter. Most of HK's customers can barely fly a traditional model
  • Hallo_FroschHallo_Frosch near CologneClub Members Posts: 178
    The "Horten" is also hard to copy in the real World. The USA had tried for almost 50 years before they had there own functioning "flying Wing".

But with today´s 3 axis stabilization like this it would be easy to build and to fly.

If it had the brakes on each wing like the real one, yes.
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Any flying wing needs massive reflex built into the wing section or it simply won't fly. (the DH Swallow was a case in point)

However, if you feel like experimenting and doing a bit of scratch building, try here
  • DeathWarmedUpDeathWarmedUp Club Members Posts: 91
    There are some nice plans on the original site

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/categories.php?cat_id=42DeathWarmedUp2012-08-28 13:27:02
  • SA_FlyerSA_Flyer Club Members Posts: 32
    Scott has moved back to the UK . Wonder if someone as competent is around to replace him for development of scale planes ?.
    Scott is still in charge of Durafly development. And he hasn't flown back yet.
  • SA_FlyerSA_Flyer Club Members Posts: 32
    Thats good news , I came across one of his posts on RCGroups and he indicated that he flew back on Sunday . I could have mis-read it though.
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    What has Scott's location do to do with designing prototypes?
    Nothing at all, nothing at all.
  • Scott will still be involved in testing and have input in design and subject choice when he is in the UK.

Anthony.
  • snappysnappy IrelandClub Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭
    I have a Swisspost tracker on Scott he is due to be back in the UK on Monday.
  • IrishSteveIrishSteve IrelandClub Members Posts: 236
    Swisspost, Monday? Mutually exclusive. Monday week maybe, presuming he's got nothing in his luggage for Customs to get upset about.

Can't complain at the moment, A Bixler 2 that the post showed as leaving HK airport on the 29th is already showing up as in our local parcel receipt depot today, Ordered 23rd, shipped from warehouse 28th, (JIT on the Bixler, and a weekend in there), and it's already in Ireland. Now, if I could only get them to order in some more Arduino Nano's and get the other order that's pending out to me, I'd be laughing. They were in stock when I put the order on the screen, and Backordered by the time I'd paid. If there was a way to make a new order out of just the backordered items, even if it means paying an additional delivery charge, that would be good, but as it stands, if I cancel, I lose my place in the queue for them. As it stands now, I'll live with the delay, it's not as if I must have any of the other items on the list urgently.

• rcozstylercozstyle South AustraliaClub Members Posts: 571

In that case he must of gone through Zurich and had plenty of time for sight seeing.mlol

In that case he must of gone through Zurich and had plenty of time for sight seeing.mlol

He did, picked up two white Toblerones for me
  • helixeroxhelixerox Club Members Posts: 135
    Scott, please a good electric trainer, greater than the Telemicro and like Skymaster made ​​of EPO, and all spare parts in stock permanently, it will be good for RC schools.
    Wot 4 clone please, for the same reasons as above.
    I'm really liking that 1500mm ugly stick model, Anthony please send it to au warehouse ASAP.
    A 2316mm one would be even better. No, wait- hang on- I've already got one of those! image
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭
    The Gloster Meteor!

Lol shame the picture is a Canberra bomber lol

Bad luck RC, but this was picked up on the 7th, 8th and 9th posts after mine. The prizes have already been dispatched to the lucky winners of the competition, you know who you are. image

Yeah I know its from waayyyyy back and the prizes have been awarded .. I was looking through to see what was the most popular request ..

Now come on you lot! It ain't a Canberra 'Bomber' ... that is a Canberra P.R.Mk.9 Photo reconnaissance aircraft of No.39(1PRU)Sqn RAF. Totally incapable of dropping bombs, but could take pics as good as any U2 up until 2006 over Afghanistan.

One very odd use of it, was when in 1972, PR9's were used to photograph secreted 'arms dumps' in the Belfast and Derry areas of Northern Ireland when the 'Troubles' kicked off big style there.
  • So what aircraft are topping this thread now?

Stuart.
    Stuart

The latest info I have collated is as per the initial post 99.67% would prefer the de Havilland Dragon.

Stuart

The latest info I have collated is as per the initial post 99.67% would prefer the de Havilland Dragon.

Kinda funny you come up with those results seeing your opening post showed the dragon. Lol👽
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    That looks an awfull lot like the red one that crashed killing 6 people in Queensland a few days ago. Is that the same type of plane or just very similar?
    Yea Sawwy its the same type not many of them flying now.

More Photos Here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elevationair/7233026864/in/photostream/
    Hi Stuart

Not really sure this forum s the right place to decide on a certain aircraft, I believe this should be done in one like rcgroups.

I am sure that if it is researched, it will be quite clear a military aircraft will be more popular than a civilian one, of course there are exceptions to the rule, eg tiger moth which can done in either livery. The problem is choosing the right aircraft, in durafly's 1100mm range which seems quite a popular size, there are few axis aircraft, BF 109, FW 190 would be a good addition.

While my perfferance is allied WW2 aircraft, i got 2 windrider Hawker Hurricanes which are inline for building. I would buy a Mk5 tempest without a second thought, as so some nice twins would be awesome, Beaufighter, ME110, Ta154 Ju88etc.

Regards

Gary
    A repeat vote for a relatively unheard of warbird- the Heinkel HE100, or HE113 as it was known to the Allies.

Oh, and can we have it in 1/4 scale too, please? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file