Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Durafly should be worked on next?

Comments

• SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    I don't think cheater holes would be a problem for them. I've got the Vampire and it's got a whole bunch of them underneath.

I'd love an F1-11 too image . What a fantastic aircraft. In my book it rates up there right along side the Concord as the 2 most amazing and timeless aircraft ever made.

I love the idea of the swing wing in a model too, I'm not sure how hard it would be to get it to work and be flyable but even if it came out with the wing fixed in one position I would absolutely have to buy one image.
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    I only asked for an F-111 image I just wish you both did not edit your post so that way we really know what was said

For me the normal reason for an edit is if I typo really badly (and I'm very good at that - I read and write fluent Typonese) image
  • simo71simo71 NSW AustraliaClub Members Posts: 150
    I don't think cheater holes would be a problem for them. I've got the Vampire and it's got a whole bunch of them underneath.

I'd love an F1-11 too image . What a fantastic aircraft. In my book it rates up there right along side the Concord as the 2 most amazing and timeless aircraft ever made.

I love the idea of the swing wing in a model too, I'm not sure how hard it would be to get it to work and be flyable but even if it came out with the wing fixed in one position I would absolutely have to buy one image.
    It would be fantastic! I would say if HK conducted a poll on the idea it would be in favour 10-1.
  • rob0101rob0101 Club Members Posts: 12
    I like the Me-262 but Dynam has a nice twin 70mm EDF out now. So how about a Heinkel HE 178 for something a little different in a scale EDF.image
  • __BB-Q__BB-Q Club Members Posts: 992

HK already sell a swing wing model:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=12480

I like the Me-262 but Dynam has a nice twin 70mm EDF out now. So how about a Heinkel HE 178 for something a little different in a scale EDF.

Nahh - the Arado 234 would be better looking image

That's an interesting one Daithi. One thing I like with it is that the wheels are fairly large on it so scaled down they would give the landing gear a better chance of surviving some of our less than perfect landing areas.
  • SchorchSchorch Club Members Posts: 129
    Arado 234 would be fine image it could be build nearly true scale and fly as a glider on the landing approach with flaps set. And it could have the chance to fly fast.

There are so much really planes, maybe Scott should be cloned image to work on much more Durafly models the same time image
  • k2victork2victor Club Members Posts: 1
    Hi, just been wondering what other people may think of this? I would like to see a Bristol Beaufighter and as it shared the same wing with the Bristol Beaufort in real life then HobbyKing could produce both models and devolpment and production costs would be also shared. There could even be a tongue in cheek Blenheim using same wing. How may other planes could be produced this way?I believe the Wirraway and Havard also shared bits of airframe, I apologise to our fellow Ozy models if I have the wrong aircraft but I know it was the Havard and one other.

Gerry
  • FlyDownUnderFlyDownUnder ɹǝpun uʍopClub Members Posts: 738
    This could be a good scale model, looks like it could carry a lot of weight.

• IaugerIauger Maple Ridge, BCClub Members Posts: 276
    Is this the newest Airbus?
  • BaxterBaxter Club Members Posts: 21
    I would love to see a Durafly DC-3/C-47! Just not in dull olive drab image
  • thomaniethomanie NorwayClub Members Posts: 615
    My vote is for a 90mm(!) EDF DH Vampire

T
  • KaosKaneKaosKane Club Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭
    That's a Canberra aka Martin B57

why does this jet have a flying Kangaroo on the tail is it on loan to AUS image
  • snappysnappy IrelandClub Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭
    That's a camel with broken legs
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    Probably Aussie assembled. image
    or the pilot does a LOT of bouncy landings image
  • __BB-Q__BB-Q Club Members Posts: 992
    Avro 707A. Saw one yesterday and it absolutely HAS to be modelled.

image__BB-Q2012-08-17 15:12:03
  • spitfire2010spitfire2010 DPRKClub Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty BBQ
  • captn grinellcaptn grinell Club Members Posts: 184
    That big purple dome doesn't look very aerodynamic to me.
  • spitfire2010spitfire2010 DPRKClub Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭
    It's the canteen
    That big purple dome doesn't look very aerodynamic to me.
    Would you like to see a picture of my big purple dome?
  • Owll56Owll56 MelbourneClub Members Posts: 770
    OH! Snappy now you're braggin.

It's ok we has zoom on the browsers. imageOwll562012-08-21 06:42:43
  • captn grinellcaptn grinell Club Members Posts: 184
    C'mon snappy you live in ireland where its real cold so its never going to be that big
  • mabaamabaa WildWestGermanyClub Members Posts: 378
    The last days we got sahara wind from the south and maybe it reached Ireland too. So, who knows. image
  • Drew73Drew73 Club Members Posts: 6
    Hell yes

Its the cold that made it purple
  • Bart64Bart64 Club Members Posts: 11
    Hey Scott how about some Durafly 1100's of the following

1. Fiesler Storch (Desert Colours Please)

2. Cessna L-19 Birdog (Red and white Colour Scheme)

3. WW1 Fokker DVIII

4. WW2 Royal Navy Wildcat or Hellcat

5. Fairey Fulmar, Royal Navy FAA

6. WW2 Auster J4 in D-Day Camouflage

7. Curtis O-52 Observation Airplane

8. WW2 Royal Navy Stinson Reliant

9. Polish Airforce WW2 PZL Fighter

10.Douglas Dauntless

11.Douglas Devestator

12.Pilatus Porter, any colours as long as it's bright

13.Antonov AN2 Colt, White Russian Airforce with red star colours

14.SAAB Tunnan EDF

15.DH Chipmunk

Kind Regards

Bart64

• Such Is LifeSuch Is Life Western SydneyClub Members Posts: 148
    Scott just please never recreate any part of snappy in epo.
    Scott just please never recreate any part of snappy in epo.
    Heck no! Not out of EPO image .

EPS on the other hand would be fine. There's all sorts of liquids we can throw at EPS from a safe distance to make it shrivel up and melt away before it can cause any unwanted pregnancies, scare cows into stopping giving milk, turn those foolish enough to gaze upon it to stone or any other sort of harm   image .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file